We are currently rolling out Sophos Central to provide schools with their own online dashboard to allow them to monitor all of the (school owned) machines with the software installed. Schools are able to see the current ‘health’ of their machines, as well as alerts to inform them if users are downloading potentially unsafe files and software.
Once installed, Sophos frequently scans the machines for known viruses and keeps itself up to date automatically. If you are unsure of the safety of a file or content on a USB drive, you can ‘right click’ it and choose the option to scan it with Sophos.
Sophos anti-virus delivers protection against today’s threats. Low-impact scans detect malware, adware, suspicious files and behaviour, and unauthorised software. Updates are small and frequent and it’s integrated with Sophos endpoint and network protection, giving your school complete security.
Why Sophos Central?
- The dashboard provides an overview of all of the machines with the software installed, letting you know if there is an issue or if the software hasn’t been able to update
- You can control whether or not users are allowed to access USB drives and specific software
- You can track which user accessed a machine at the time of an attack
- The software can be installed by downloading it directly, or you can email a link directly to users so that they can download it on to the machine themselves
- If you would like to purchase extra licences, you can also have:
- Ransomware protection (Intercept X)
- Device encryption
- Mobile protection
- Enhanced web filtering