We provide schools with a Sophos Central online dashboard, which allows you to monitor all of the (school owned) machines with the software installed. You are able to see the current ‘health’ of your machines, as well as alerts to inform you if users are downloading potentially unsafe files and software.
Once installed, a machine is frequently scanned for known viruses and ransomware, and it keeps itself up to date automatically.
If you are unsure of the safety of a file or content on a USB drive, you can scan it before opening it.
As part of the subscription, we provide schools with Sophos Intercept X Advanced licences.
This scans machines to detect malware, adware, ransomware, suspicious files and unauthorised software.
We will soon be rolling out the new Sophos Email protection service, which helps to protect schools against the ever evolving cyber threat. This will help to reduce the number of virus, phishing and spam emails you receive to help reduce the risk of email accounts and machines becoming compromised.
Why Sophos Central?
• The dashboard provides an overview covering all school machines (with the software installed), letting you know if there are any issues or if the software hasn’t been able to update
• You can control whether or not users are allowed to access USB drives and specific software
• You can track which user accessed a machine at the time of an attack
• The software can be installed in multiple ways
• If you would like extra protection, you can also purchase Device encryption licences from us at a reduced price